Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] Need advice

To: rtty contesting rttycontesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] Need advice
From: Fabi va2up <va2up@live.ca>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 22:47:52 -0400
Hi all,good to see some action on the reflector, we need it!I couldn't comment
on the difference between fat fingers, brain farts and so2r delay issue but in
my view you only move to so2r when your station is ready for it or it may
become a nightmare more than anything else. For me, rule of thumb is the
quicker guy to send me the exchange will be the first one to get mine. Some
stations are so slow and their exchange so long that I can sometimes work 2 or
even 3 stations on the alternate radio. I'd rather take them by the hand and
help them cross the street instead of running them over...As per possible so2r
stations taking a long time to answer, well I can only suggest a macro that
says: wow that took a long time om! TU 599 05 05 , they'll know what you mean
and maybe learn to be more efficient. I guess it's all part of the game, same
as the guys S&Ping who put QRZ or CQ at the end of their message!, the guys who
you just worked twice in the last 5 minutes showing up for yet
  another dupe or the guy who dumps the 3 liner filled with my name is and wx
was great today, been a ham since 1957 and so on... I'm in no position to teach
anyone how to best play the game but I know that your patience during my
learning process has been and still is much appreciated. I'll be holding your
hand if you need it om and keep having fun in rtty contesting!
73

Fabi  va2up
http://sites.google.com/site/va2upcontesting/