Re: [RTTY] AA6YQ FIR512 Parameters

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] AA6YQ FIR512 Parameters
From: Phil & Ann <na4m@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 14:19:19 +0000
On 10/1/2012 11:21, KC4HW/Jim wrote:
Thanks Dave, well my mistake!

In that case did any one use the AA6YQ FIR512 profile or the Dual
Peal Filter in MMTTY for the CQ WW RTTY?

What did you think about it?
I did 15m single-band and used the AA6YQ FIR12 profile for the first several hours. Most of my operating was in "run" mode. The longer I operated the more I felt I wasn't getting as good a copy as I should.

I switched to the "hyper sensitive" profile which I've used in previous years both for RTTY contests and non-contest RTTY operating with MMTTY. After using it for a modest amount of time it seemed pretty obvious to me that I was getting better copy.

Not a very scientific test but I've operated enough RTTY & contests to recognize a difference.

 73 Phil NA4M

--
Phil & Ann Duff
Georgetown, TX