[RTTY] CQ-WW-RTTY Cabrillo format

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] CQ-WW-RTTY Cabrillo format
From: Dick Kriss <aa5vu@att.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 12:49:34 -0500
On Oct 1, 2012, at 12:22 PM, rtty-request@contesting.com wrote:

> Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 12:47:43 -0400
> From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
> To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
> Subject: [RTTY] CQ WW RTTY Contest Log/Robot Queries

> I've been inundated with email from operators with questions about issues
> getting their log fully "approved" by the robot.  Still, there are hundreds
> of logs that are submitted successfully and these problems are a negligible
> percentage of the total.
>
> Please QRX for my replies.  I will answer each email in a few days after I
> wrap up here in Aruba, travel home, finish harvest, etc.   ;>)
>
> Ed - P49X
> ------------------
> Ed Muns, W0YK
> CQ RTTY Contests Director

I had an issue getting the CQ contest robot to accept my fldigi generated
Cabrillo Report.  The problem was with the format of the QSOs. The help
suggestion from the robot was not clear and just confused the issue.  The
bottom line was a missing "DX" statement.

This is the fldigi generated format:
QSO: 21087 RY 2012-09-29 1840 AA5VU         599  04 TX     G6NHU         599 14

This is what the robot expected:
QSO: 21087 RY 2012-09-29 1840 AA5VU         599  04 TX     G6NHU         599 14
DX

The clue on what was wrong was found at
<http://www.kkn.net/~trey/Cabrillo_v2/cqww-rtty.txt> showing the addition of
the DX. I added the "DX" statements to the Cabrillo Report with a text editor
and the robot accepted my log on the first pass with no errors. The CQ Contest
rules do not mention the need to add the DX and it is not a contest logging
requirement. An example or a link to an example in future rules would be
helpful.

Hopefully, the tip to add a "DX" will help someone.

73 Dick AA5VU