Re: [RTTY] Exchanges

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Exchanges
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 05:57:39 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 12:26:09 +0300, SV1XV wrote:

>More or less I agree, this is a very good and
>unambiguous exchange. Only in the case of the
>reply I would prefer:
>
>ZC4LI 599 NY NY DE ABC1Y

REPLY:
Using "DE" in a contest where the exchange is US states is not recommended. That
happens to be the abbreviation for Delaware, and if there were QRM or QRN the
"NY" in the above might be missed and the Q logged as Delaware.

Likewise, "IN" should not be used as in "W6WRT IN CA" lest it be mistaken as
Indiana. I didn't hear anyone do this in the recent WW, but it does happen
sometimes.

73, Bill W6WRT