Re: [RTTY] RTTY Filter INRAD filter # 708 250 Hz

To: "'Stein-Roar Brobakken'" <sroabr@online.no>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Filter INRAD filter # 708 250 Hz
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 19:24:03 -0600
I'm not familiar with the INRAD 708, but 250 Hz on RTTY is not too narrow.

I use the 250 Hz filter in my PRO III and my Kenwood TS870's 100% of the time
on RTTY. When I was test driving the IC-7600, I
actually was able to use the 200 Hz filter in that radio on RTTY one time to
copy when QRM was invading into the edge of the
passband of the 250 Hz filter. And it worked. I wouldn't recommend 200 Hz for
RTTY, but 250 Hz should be fine.

73, Don AA5AU