Re: [RTTY] Getting rid of clicks--what's the risk?

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Getting rid of clicks--what's the risk?
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:21:22 -0600
On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:03 PM, aflowers@frontiernet.net
<aflowers@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> operatator with a 100W and a dipole as it is for the contest CQ machine with
> 1000W and a stack.

Wait - there is another way to operate?  I thought 100 W and wire
antennas was the only way?!?!?

> Right now you many of these people do not have to wait for manufacturers to
> change their FSK keying circuits (or in many cases what is more likely to be
> a firmware revision).  AFSK with a waveshaped input may

No flashable firmware in the IC746Pro, so no real possibility of
changing anything at the radio end.  Regardless, I have zero interest
in putting out a crappy signal (in any mode), so I am interested in
this thread.  I use FSK exclusively on the 746 (serial port ->
RigBlaster+ -> 746).

I, for one, would sure like to see some tests done to see which
FSK-capable radios (regardless of how the radio actually generates the
FSK internally) put out less-than-desirable signals.