[RTTY] Adaptive RX software announcement for Icom rigs

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Adaptive RX software announcement for Icom rigs
From: "Larry Gauthier \(K8UT\)" <k8ut@k8ut.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 13:46:17 -0500
In advance of this weekend’s CQ WPX contest, I’m releasing a free utility
program developed from my experience in the ARRL ROUNDUP and beta tested in the
BARTG SPRINT contest. I operated primarily S&P and found myself performing the
same repetitive task: select wide bandpass filters; search for a station;
select narrow bandpass filters; work the station; select wide bandpass filters;
search for next station...

This utility monitors the Icom CI-V traffic between your radio and your logging
software and automatically widens/narrows your configured filter selections.
The premise is that your radio is in one of two States - either TUNING to find
somebody or STATIONARY to work somebody. I’ve tested it successfully with my
three logging programs: DX4Win, DXLabs Commander, and N1MM Logger.

Documentation and Download instructions are available here:
http://www.k8ut.com/tiki-index.php?page=CI-Vfilter+Utility+Documentation

Perhaps a poor fit for Big Gun stations that operate primarily in Run mode; but
helpful at Little Pistol stations (like mine) on crowded bands in Search&Pounce
mode. Works in both RTTY and CW operation.

Comments welcome.

-larry (K8UT)