Re: [RTTY] Slow RTTY - some more

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Slow RTTY - some more
From: Jay WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 13:47:54 -0800
So the incorrect baud rate that microham uses instead of 45.45 has been fixed ?

Now on the subject of slow, or odd sounding RTTY, I can confirm that
if you use a microHam router with MMTTY, and you have Strict BPS
enabled, the resulting sent stream of text is much slower than
usual.

That was true in the past but so much with the new version of microHAM
Router and more recent Eltima VSPAX code.  I just timed a 130 character
string ("<CR><LF>DE W4TV W4TV W4TV W4TV " x 5) from MMTTY - the message
was about three seconds longer with Strict BPS enabled vs. Strict BPS
disabled.  The timing was done with only a digital clock but "by ear"
there was very little change in the "sound".