[RTTY] Fwd: NAQP RTTY W7RN(WK6I) Single Op LP

To: REFL-RTTY <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Fwd: NAQP RTTY W7RN(WK6I) Single Op LP
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 13:56:47 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: W7RN
Operator(s): WK6I
Station: W7RN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:  144    38
   40:  300    48
   20:  185    41
   15:  257    46
   10:  155    37
-------------------
Total: 1041   210  Total Score = 218,610

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

Thanks again to Tom & Midge for the hospitality. Thanks also to WS7I for the
help with the ST8000.

The set up this time included a hardware modem, an ST8000. I had gotten it
a few years ago, but when the computer I was using it with died I lost the
secret sauce on how to set it up again (I keep lots of notes now.)

Decoders: Lots of great things have been said about the new 2tone decoder.
I have to think the stand alone version is not a good representation
because I was unimpressed. Most of the time when print was difficult the
MMTTY/Fluttered-FIR set up beat the 2tone standalone. Looking forward to
trying it in a proper environment.

That said, the ST8000 analog hardware modem (with Z80A micro!) still wins
the derby. There were signals that none of the sound card decoders could
even touch that the ST8000 printed perfectly. I need me another one of them.

Hope everyone had fun, I sure did - jeff wk6i@w7rn

--
Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com