[RTTY] BARTG HF SOSB/15 HP

To: RTTY Contest Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] BARTG HF SOSB/15 HP
From: Keith Maton <g6nhu@me.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 09:01:20 +0000 (UTC)
BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: M7P
Operator(s): G6NHU

Class: SOSB/15 HP

80: 40: 20: 15: 350 51 21 10: -----------------------------------
Total: 350 51 21 Continents = 6 Total Score = 151,200

Comments:

Normally I'd expect a nice run in the morning to JA but I only managed to work
8 JAs on Saturday morning and conditions seemed poor.

It got better in the afternoon and I had a good run of NA stations, ending up
Saturday with 289 Qs in the log.

However the CME and associated G2 class geomagnetic storm on Sunday killed 15m
making it very hard going and a real struggle.  Despite sitting in front of the
radio all day, I only added another 61 contacts to my total and stopped
operating around 17:00z.   All my QSOs except one were when running and I
managed to keep the same run frequency for the entire contest.

With 400w and a Hexbeam at 35ft AGL, I'm never going to be up there with the
big boys but I think I generally manage OK.

Map and link to log analysis can be seen here:
http://m7p.co.uk/2013/03/entry-bartg-hf-rtty-2013/

73 Keith, G6NHU