Re: [RTTY] DE T2YY UP 1-3?

To: "'Lee Roberts'" <ham@n0sq.us>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] DE T2YY UP 1-3?
From: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 18:53:44 -0400
Hi Lee,
The big advantage is that the DX can run more stations in an hour of
operating time than if he/she were transceive. When you have a wanted
station on the air it makes it easier for the DX station to pick out a
signal when they are spread out. In addition, it makes it easier for the
calling stations to know when the DX has come back to someone. If you have
some loud stations calling the DX right on his/her frequency it may be very
difficult to hear when the DX came back to someone.

When on CW the rates can increase when you are using QSK. You then know when
the DX has come back to someone while you are sending your call.

As an example, if someday P5 legitimately comes on the air you will most
likely see quite a big split. I would probably take off of work just to work
a P5 on CW and RTTY. Only have it on two bands on SSB.

73,
N2TK, Tony