Re: [RTTY] Contesting w/ 2 Tone & MMTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Contesting w/ 2 Tone & MMTTY
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 11:25:37 +0000
Joe,

Thanks for the info

Jerry, W6IHG

 > Joe, tell me more about the "RXM_Switch command"

RXM_SWITCH (MMTMSG_SETSWITCH) is a programming interface in XMMT.ocx
that allows the calling application (e.g. logger) to read/set the
buttons on the MMTTY control panel.  It is documented in the XMMT.ocx
and in the MMT.ocx ("TNC Mode") programmer's material - I know it
permits access to and control over AFC and NET however, the MMT.ocx
documentation also indicates it provides access to:

b0-b1    Modem type        0-IIR, 1-FIR, 2-PLL
    b2    AFC
    b3    NET
    b4    ATC
    b5    BPF
    b6    LMS/Notch
    b7    SQ
    b8    Rev
    b9    UOS
    b10-b11    AFC shift algorithm
    b12    Integrator        0-FIR, 1-IIR
    b13    LMS/Notch        0-LMS, 1-Notch
    b14    0-single notch, 1-two notches
    b16    Word warp
    b17-b18    Way to send 0-Char, 1-Word, 2-Line

It seems that 60 Hz off frequency when I am running in AFSK puts me
into the guy next to me. Not nice.

60 Hz is only 1/3 of the shift - you can't possible work that close to
another station.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV