[RTTY] RFI problem fixed

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RFI problem fixed
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 17:31:04 -0700
I mentioned a few days ago that I was having some heavy RFI getting into the
keyboard on six meters with anything above about 100 watts. Ferrites helped
a little but not enough.

Problem now fixed. I got a wireless keyboard and mouse combo and the RFI is
totally gone. Should have done this years ago. As a side benefit, the new
keyboard has all kinds of extra features like volume control, program launch
etc, etc. Very nice!

The one I got was a Logitech MK520 but I'm sure there are others that would
do just as well. At less than $50 including shipping on eBay, quite a
bargain. This is for keyboard AND mouse.

Estimated battery life is three years for keyboard, one year for mouse. AA
batteries.

The usual disclaimer: No affiliation with any company mentioned here, just a
satisfied customer.

If you're having any keyboard and/or mouse RFI problems, this will most
likely fix it.

Bill, W6WRT