Re: [RTTY] RTTY on 14240

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY on 14240
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 00:15:27 -0500
Nandu, you should be able to get a fairly close azimuth reading with the
SteppIR. My 3 element SteppIR is so directional that just
before one of the Roundups, I had a "buzz" noise interference on all the bands.
I was able to pinpoint the direction with my
SteppIR. I then went outside and looked at the antenna. It was pointing
directly at my neighbor's garage. I walked over and she was
giving a haircut to her kids with an electric shears! Luckily she finished the
hair cutting before the contest started. I was amazed
the SteppIR was that directional.

73, Don AA5AU