Re: [RTTY] 300hz or 500hz IF filter?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 300hz or 500hz IF filter?
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 13:02:33 -0500
"...but experience tells me narrow is better for contesting, perhaps wider for weak signals but if they are that weak most won't hear them at all during a contest which is why DXing if different from Contesting."

Succinctly stated, and mirrors my contesting experience as well. When you have 4 or 5 signals at 20 dB/S9 "fighting" for the same 1 kHz of spectrum during a contest, weak signal detection is at the bottom of your list of problems you face trying to work and confirm them!

Your next opportunity to enjoy this 'problem' will be next month, September 28 & 29 during the CQ WW RTTY DX Contest. I hope to see you then!

http://tinyurl.com/lmz5tsd

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN