[RTTY] Courtesy

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Courtesy
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 09:14:19 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 07:38:32 +0200, S55O wrote:

>As this topic goes by i myself find 2 benefits with the TU part.
>First is the curtesy,
>second its the confirmation that all is ok and that i can move my vfo
>when i read TU. Without that there is allways the problem if they
>copied me or not, the tu clarifies that.

REPLY:

I have a different take on that.

Which is best:

S55O TU W6WRT CQ
or
TU S55O W6WRT CQ

I vote for the first one because it helps avoid confusion. Often under
QRM and QRN situations there will be two stations who both think they are
working me. If they hear the TU first, they are likely to log me
immediately and QSY. If I was actually working the other station, that's an
NIL.

73, Bill W6WRT