[RTTY] JARTS WW RTTY SOABHP SO2R - IW1AYD@IQ1RY

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] JARTS WW RTTY SOABHP SO2R - IW1AYD@IQ1RY
From: Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:57:33 +0200
JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: IW1AYD
Operator(s): IW1AYD
Station: IQ1RY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Bra
Operating Time (hrs): 40

   80:  261    47
   40:  555    76
   20:  375    74
   15:  634    92
   10:  425    77
-------------------
Total: 2250   366  Total Score = 2,044,110

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Great time. Great friends. Great operating pleasure.
TU all for the fun. Also to who have had the patience to wait my SO2R
timings ... I am still learning, it's just my 3rd attempt, it take
time, isn't it? N1MM Logger is doing a great work, quite automagically
... only the CTRL-B for Dueling CQ is a bit hard to be handled when 36
hours on chair are gone ... today I am still hitting CTRL-B on the
keyboard here at work ... ESM and RT click = return, had given me
great relief and consciousness speed for almost all the time. A
contest made with just the mouse ... and the CTRL-B. Nobody that
complained about F1, F2 and so on keys. I hate to use the keyboard
when it is not strictly needed.

As usual for events like this, I was operating from the IQ1RY
premises, not so far
away from home. A bunch of friendly OM left me, the childish for the
radio, alone Wednesday at 1 UTC and the world so far was open for 40
great hours of operating time. Everything went working flawlessly,
just some minor inconvenience to my health, but I managed to survive
and to be almost ready at the keyboard adter some remedial
medications. N1MM Logger was anytime   perfectly working and my age
... the JARTS remembers me that each year ... I went elmered  from a
24" monitor. Some real estate is really welcome on SO2R operations.

This time I used two K3, I have not to say anything that isn't well
known: it's a marvel. ... and two are a double marvel.

The MK2R+ was also helping a lot, with its ACC cable commuting the
band filters. That's a one more reason to say thanks to whom take care
of those automations aspects at IQ1RY. TU IK1SPR, TU IK1RQT, and, last
but not least, IK1HXN, my great Elmer.

Just one note, it was really hard to stay on any RUN QRG, the K3 is
definitely too tight in TX since the last new firmware. But I badly
need it in RX. BTW several ones went no more than 400/500 Hz from me,
but I clearly had theirs larger signals rattling even with the 400Hz
or the 250Hz (raffle a 300Hz) filters. Someone, a lot, just at 1 KHz
far away seemed too much larger, P3 was at 3 KHz when running.That's
nightmare. I seemed to be a ghost. On the other hand I figured out
that when the watermelons truck was unloading I could stay in between
all other cousins, if properly suited as them. Nobody cared of me, but
after a while someone other, larger and stronger, come in trying to
smash me. ;-> Well this would mean that I loose some of you with the
lowest QSA. But there wasn't quite anybody with low QSA, prop was
good. Even if I don't trusted the 10m that much on the late
afternoons. There was really hard to keep on running with a decent
QRG. Too much crowd, not that much answers back. So each days I left
early the 10 for 20 and 15. Still I am not sure it was bad or good,
the jury is in, but I have done it this way.

Having a two direction take off helped a lot, to West - US and yo East
EU/JA. But worsened the watermelons effect, it's a balance as you all
well know. Two leaded trucks coming at the same time ... But it
increased for sure the rates.

 AGN TU ALL, CU you in the next contests. (WAE RTTY i.e.)

               73 de iw1ayd Salvo (one of the IQ1RY wild bunch)

PS I wouldn't ever fold back on AFSK with no AF or TX filters and no
AGC control, but ... bit too much people is running like the hell as
this. ;-< I am silly, but not too silly.