Re: [RTTY] [rckskimmer] RTTY-spots spamming the DX-Cluster

To: <rckskimmer@yahoogroups.com>, "'RTTY Contesting'" <RTTY@contesting.com>, "'Joe Subich, W4TV'" <lists@subich.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [rckskimmer] RTTY-spots spamming the DX-Cluster
From: "Rick Kiessig" <kiessig@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 14:59:26 +1300
If the issue is that you don't want to see the spots because you usually
can't hear the spotted calls, you might have a look at my ViewProp app. It
includes the ability to do extensive filtering on the spots so you only see
the ones where the spotter is near you -- which means you can usually hear
them. It can also display the location of the spotted calls on a map, remove
duplicates, and so on.

The intent is to help visualize current propagation, but you can also send
the filtered spots to a telnet client, such as a logger or bandmap.

http://zl2ham.wikispaces.com/

It works with all spots for all modes, including RTTY, BPSK, CW, JT65, and
so on.

73, Rick ZL2HAM