[RTTY] Simple filtering for SO2R ?

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Simple filtering for SO2R ?
From: "Amos, Ian" <ian.amos@sap.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 18:23:39 +0000

Hi Gordon ..... you and I have very similar station set ups. I have a 7600 and
a PRO III with MK2+ as well as to ice pass filters and a similar switch like
yours. I do not use stubs and I found the bandpass filters to be extremely
effective as my antennas are very close together.   I also have 2
stationmasters that I have not set up yet so my station is under manual
control. I plan to have everything fully automatic within a month or two as
time allows.

To test the band interaction with the radios and various antennas I did the
following:

Put both radios onto the antennas you want to test and run at the lowest output
power level you can. Also put the attenuator to the highest level you can on
each radio with the preamplifiers turned off.  Key the transmitter very briefly
and watch the scope on the receiver radio for any sign of signal strength.
Gradually take the attenuation off and increase the power to see how your
antennas are affecting each radio.  Be very careful if you're not using filters
or stubs but you certainly should be able to understand how each antenna
affects each radio.  Also the direction of my beam makes a difference to
working on my vertical.

Hope this helps

Ian

VE3JI