Re: [RTTY] NP3D

To: Fred Dennin <fdennin@numail.org>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NP3D
From: 110268293250g <110268293250g@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 23:49:54 -0600
Very sad news, indeed. Way too early.

Like most of you on this list I have page after page of QSOs with Andrei in my
log; but there's one in particular that I remember vividly: in an SSB contest
several years ago. He was so excited - as was I - to finally meet in phone that
he told everyone to stand by and we talked for a few minutes. That rarely
happens to little pistols like me. And in those 2 or 3 minutes I truly got the
impression that he was a fine gentleman, an excellent example of an amateur
operator and contester, and had a pretty good sense of humor!

480, Andrei...

K5WWFred Dennin <fdennin@numail.org> wrote:I was just advised that in the Daily
DX Bulletin today, it was announced that Andrei, NP3D passed away
unexpectedly.  Here is the excerpt:

> NP3D/EW1AR (ex UC2AFZ, RC2AR, AA3BG, NC2N), Andrei Stchislenok, passed
> away unexpectedly on Monday November 4th. He was 55. Andy was a very
> kind hearted person and operated from many locations around the world.

I am truly saddened to hear this news.  Andrei was a friend that operated here
at my station and he and I went to Costa Rica to operate in 2009 for a week.
Dayton was also spiced up by Andrei’s presence as he was the life of the
party.  Just look at his photo on QRZ.COM to see how light hearted he was.
Andrei loved amateur radio,  loved all modes and loved the people.   He was a
very enthusiastic operator and operated from several countries such as Estonia,
Nicaragua Costa Rica, to just name a few.  He made an impression on people,
generally a smile,  regardless where he was.  Andrei was thoughtful and caring,
picking up the phone from time to time to just check in and make sure I was
doing ok.  Every time we were together, he never failed to talk to me about his
daughter who he loved more than anything.

I will always fondly remember Andrei and will miss him very much.

May God rest your soul Andrei.

73’…Fred, WW4LL