Re: [RTTY] Clipped calls

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Clipped calls
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 09:37:51 -0500

The problem of clipping is most likely because your call comes too
quickly for the other station - or it is difficult to pick out of
the "noise" at the start of the line of data.

If you will start all your macros with CR/LF (ASCII 10/13) - or LETTERS/LETTERS/CR and end them with two spaces, the call/exchange
will show up on a new line and there will be a space or two before
any garble at the end of the line making it easy for the other station
to see (and click if necessary) on the correct data.

Remember, if the other station is running an amplifier, he probably
will not return to to receive as quickly as you can jump on the
transmit key ... allow a couple "sacrificial characters" at the
start of an exchange.  I still like to start with the other station's
call and end with mine when *calling or answering* stations in S&P and
use the other station's call beginning and end when sending an exchange
while running.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV