Re: [RTTY] Need to lawyer up for 60 meters

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Need to lawyer up for 60 meters
From: Kai <k.siwiak@ieee.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 23:12:16 -0500
Bill
The FCC/NTIA want you to:
(1) monitor the channel for possible upper SSB transmissions if you are to be told to stop.
(2) The RTTY tones must be 1500 Hz +/- 85 Hz above the SSB rig dial frequency.

That implies you should operate RTTY in AFSK mode with the rif set to upper SSB
and
with tones set to 1415 and 1585 Hz.
Do you need specific details for using MMTTY that way? I had it was in QST Sept 2013,
technical correspondence.

73
Kai, KE4PT