[RTTY] ARRL Roudup rules and multi - channel decoders

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ARRL Roudup rules and multi - channel decoders
From: Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 11:37:26 +0100
That's one of the rules I am looking for clarification:

3.1. Single Operator: The use of spotting assistance or automated, multi-channel
decoders is not permitted.

For the other two categories there is not that "not permitted" or it
unwritten thus permitted.

My question is: it this a reference multi-channel to RTTY skimmer, isn't?
On the other hand it is not a reference to multiple 2Tone windows, isn't?

Out of any minding attributable to word channel, that imply a well
known QRG use an not a continuously variable set QRGs as we use ...
But I leave this point alone.

I am asking if my interpretation of the rules is right, starting from:

2Tone as it is a single "channel" decoder;

MMVARI as it is by configuration choice is a multi "channels" decoder
in it's bandpass slice of some 3 KHz.

I come to:

any number of instances of 2Tone is permitted in any category of the
ARRL Roundup 2014;

MMVARI, the core of the DL4RCK RTTY skimmer, isn't permitted - on 3.1
Single Operator class - but only and when it is configured as a
multi-decoder, thus in multi-channel, on table decoder;

MMVARI used as MMTTY and 2Tone, single channel instance decoder
configuration choice is anyway permitted.

It may be that this is a techie view/doubts, but words need to be tied
to real applications.

I will leave also out of here any subtle stop to what could any future
software developments for SDR radios. It seems to me that the steering
is to channelizing and heavy mix anything that smell DIGITAL more than
develop new paradigms and operating sceneries.

    73 de iw1ayd Salvo