Re: [RTTY] [digitalradio] Why (and How) You Should Urge the FCC to Rejec

To: <digitalradio@yahoogroups.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>, <DX-IS@yahoogroups.com>, <MMTTY@yahoogroups.com>, <multipsk@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [digitalradio] Why (and How) You Should Urge the FCC to Reject the ARRL's Symbol Rate Petition
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 03:32:55 -0500
I agree that the 300 baud symbol rate limitation should be raised, Steve, but
this should be accomplished without making the
“interference from automatic stations” situation worse – as the ARRL’s petition
would do if accepted.

The “interference from automatic stations” problem has been denied, ignored,
and slow-rolled for years; the two-step approach you
suggest below would continue this pattern. Automatic stations should not be
permitted to use faster digital modes until an effective
means of reducing their interference to ongoing QSOs has been instituted.

      73,

              Dave, AA6YQ