Re: [RTTY] CQ Magazine

To: Rtty Contesting Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ Magazine
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 18:40:20 -0600
On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 6:19 PM, k0bx@arrl.net <k0bx@arrl.net> wrote:
> I have been a subscriber to CQ for 20  years.  When they went digital, I
> subscribed to it.  All was OK until last Month, November, then they had
> problems.
> Here it is the middle of December and NO digital issue.  QST just published
> their January Issue.
>
> CQ should do a better job of informing the subscribers on what is going on.
> They have our E-Mail address as we are getting AD's from them.
> Let see what happens.

I know little about the publishing biz, but I wonder if the digital
issue is part of the problem?  No advertising revenue, no magazine.
That much I know.  But the question is, do digital ads bring in as
much revenue as paper ads?  Sure, with the digital version you have no
printing costs or postage costs but you still have all the other
costs, all of which need still to be covered (plus some).  If they
weren't able to charge enough for the digital ads, maybe that was the
problem?

Also, what about Worldradio?  They'd started publishing that,
electronic only, and had started charging for it.  Any of those
subscribers get the latest issue?