Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 133, Issue 34

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 133, Issue 34
From: Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:00:31 +0100
BTW any band Plan leave me into further consideration like:
In the WARC bands, but now often also at 14080, we have - from this
side of the pond - severe jamming from JT/PSK stations.
I mean at each start of any RTTY known segment and when we are pushed
to be there listening for DX expeditions coming in.

One of the worst QRG, just one of the worst, is 10140 KHz that is
often fully booked by PSK (*). But then 18100 and all others also.
Judging on QRG published by any DX Expedition they don't care or don't
know that de facto almost all theirs activity at any start of RTTY sub
bands clash with PSK and JT signals. This was observed since years
ago. Even if JT wasn't so that used then. Now it's quite a nightmare.
This would be also a classic example of large bandwidth, RTTY, and
tight banddwidth, PSK/JT (when well made!), on ous band.
Definitively, all of us could survive on times ... I have some
advantage listening IW1AYD 599 IW1AYD with 250/300 Hz and 2Tones sub
decode windows ... but this is not the way. Each of those digital mode
had  its slice rounded where they liked, then sustained by the scarce
activity around those "DX call in QRG" and now they all are the
de-facto owners of those slices. Severely undermining our DX
activities. I am thinking to over the pole, Pacific areas for me, that
are quite impossible to receive due to their inherited low QSA and all
those long times tight bandwidth DATA modes emissions.

I hope that over time the DX expedition get aware of this and apply
any possible: i.e. move 1 KHz up for theirs calling QRG. As I don't
see the capabilities from the users of PSK31 and JTx to move 1 KHz
down when needed.
Slice by slice, the space RTTY is being eroded by a slow, steady and
teeming tide of DIGITAL signals. Are those the modern and tiny wasp
warped out by the DIGITAL revolution? Not that great at all. I woul
like to see also modes like phone similarly affected by the same viral
expansion.

          73 de iw1ayd Salvo

PS recently 1A0KM had gone on 10139,8/9 this is quite a good sample.
May be having the care to ask UP 5 - RTTY FSK LSB_normal. Something
down would have been even better ... but still in the JT amd WSPR de
facto sub bands.