Re: [RTTY] Ice on antennas - get on-air anyway!

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Ice on antennas - get on-air anyway!
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 10:16:17 -0800
I know it's been mentioned before, but I'm surprised someone doesn't make a heater for yagis. Sure, it would cost something to engineer and market, but yagis are expensive too.

Considering yagis are made of hollow aluminum, I would design a forced air heater to blow hot air through them, both boom and elements.

Or you could live in the desert. No icing, no tornadoes, no hurricanes, no floods. Just the occasional earthquake. :-)

73, Bill W6WRT
in the middle of nowhere, Landers CA