[RTTY] HF Band Plan Committee

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] HF Band Plan Committee
From: iw1ayd - Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 20:56:32 +0100
On 01/03/2014 18:00, rtty-request@contesting.com wrote:
[RTTY] HF Band Plan Committee
This would be a pure US affair, but the wrong start over the non-proprietary vs. proprietary modems was already selected. Thus it would be spread like several other wrong things all over other IARU regions, "a balanced approach", balancing what exactly? This is clearly unbalanced, as there isn't a gray zone in between non public and public modulations schemes as the PDF seems to depict. Public is white and there isn't a any gray shade, but just another different color for non public. Out of a similar procedure to engage the PTT, it seems to me. Someone on that paper was bubbling with words. It maybe that also the mains it the same for the two ... ;-) Unfortunately this will also propagate well out of US when applied to HF, it's over radio waves, may be the paper writers forgot that fact.

Actually there are several signal that spreads well over IARU regions, isn't? Commercial proprietary modes will spread the like over our signals. What's is the meaning of balanced by those ways? Let's lobbies to sell more interesting proprietary things.
This will kill another slice of our hobby, by any mean.
That's the second hidden trap noticeably seen over the last six months. The third since sometime ago. The trap source/mother is anyway the same, ARRL. May be tere are reasons to lobby about that, isn't? I don't think that all this would be only a simple misunderstanding of things that where already answered at school time. Or, it maybe, that schools, even technical schools, have changed that much theirs programs ;-)

On the last man standing approach, that in turn will mean also the first man standing when in emergency, having a proprietary modulation schema will clearly leave him alone speaking a never-understandable language. Until someone would take care of him. But he is the last man standing ... Just noise and bleeps that nobody will decode. Good luck without an in-place network of proprietary mod. and the related signals checking in times over times.

    73 de iw1ayd Salvo