Re: [RTTY] Is anyone still using WF1B for RTTY?

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Is anyone still using WF1B for RTTY?
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 18:19:26 -0700
On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 7:43 AM, Jim Reisert AD1C
<jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Based on the feedback from a half-dozen people, I will continue to
> produce WF1B.DAT.  I will need to find a way to trim the file down to
> a size that fits, probably by removing more rare DXCC entities that
> are not likely to be on the air.

I have managed to make the WF1B.DAT file "fit" again by removing a few
entities and a few other assorted callsigns.  This will show up in the
next contest country file release, soon!

    Wrote   326 current entities to wf1b.dat
    Wrote     7 regions          to wf1b.dat
    Wrote  1429 prefixes         to wf1b.dat
    Wrote   255 callsigns        to wf1b.dat

    Prefixes + Callsigns = 1684, pfx_limit is 1700

FYI,  here are the entities that are excluded from WF1B.DAT:

  case ENT_3D2C:  /* Conway Reef */
  case ENT_3YB:   /* Bouvet */
  case ENT_3YP:   /* Peter I. */
  case ENT_BS7:   /* Scarborough */
  case ENT_CE0X:  /* San Felix */
  case ENT_FKC:   /* Chesterfield */
  case ENT_FOC:   /* Clipperton */
  case ENT_KH5:   /* Palmyra */
  case ENT_KH5K:  /* Kingman Reef */
  case ENT_KH7K:  /* Kure */
  case ENT_KH8S:  /* Swains */
  case ENT_VK0H:  /* Heard */
  case ENT_VP6D:  /* Ducie */
  case ENT_VP8S:  /* South Sandwich */

Some like KH5, KH5K and KH7K have multiple prefixes assigned, so there
is better payback for removing them.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us