Re: [RTTY] Secrets of RTTY Sprinting

To: "RTTY@contesting.com" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Secrets of RTTY Sprinting
From: Jim Murray <adkmurray@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 16:59:36 -0700 (PDT)
Ken,
Thank you for the post.  Like yourself I've been on the air for several years
but now just getting into RTTY.  I did listen to the contest and by the end of
it I could see the proper exchanges as stated in the rules.  Just my opinions
here but besides getting the rx & tx signals properly, getting used to the
software, setting up macros etc. It seems to me to be more of a challenge than
cw or ssb although the lingo is much like cw.  Those who do not use cw I'm sure
would have a harder time of it, I think.  As far as I'm concerned I'm still
working on getting used to how to mix typed info with macros etc.  I may take
you up on asking how yours are set up.  For a while I'll listen before I give
it a whirl. Learning new things is good!
tnx agn
Jim k2hn (No de :))