[RTTY] BARTG Contest and Software Manager

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] BARTG Contest and Software Manager
From: Roger Cooke G3LDI <rogerg3ldi@talktalk.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 19:07:34 +0000

Hi.

BARTG are actively looking for a Contest and Software Manager. Our Contest Manager has had long term health problems and our Software Manager has personal problems that has forced him to relinquish his position.

Our contest software has just been sorted and re-written by Mike G0GJV. He is just about ready to hand it over to the new Contest/Software Manager. Pete G4CLA is in the process of allowing our contest logs to be uploaded to the RSGB Robot. This should help with administration and so on so the workload should reduce. BARTG have four contests per year, two of which are 75Baud Sprints lasting four hours.

The main chores for the person taking over will be:

Get results in sensible format for publishing, add comments, thanks etc.
Put results out to those who need them .. website, contest groups etc.
Make UBN files available for download.
Announce / apologise that results are out / late
Produce certificates and make them available for download.
(Get trophies made and posted, but John GW4SKA will do this )

Then deal with queries over the next couple of weeks; logs in wrong class, not in results ....

However, some of these chores may be shorted when the robot is used. John GW4SQA has offered to take on the situation until somebody is found. He did the job for 20 years but wishes to take a rest! John will continue with the trophies however. Ideally this will suit a young, enthusiastic, IT literate DX-er and contester who is willing to take this job on. The hours are not too bad, no travelling, but the pay is awful! Ideally he will be living in the London area ( so that he can liaise with Mike G0GJV to familiarise himself with the new software ), but that ideal may not matter too much. If you are capable and interested and wish to join the BARTG team, then please email me.

 Regards from Roger, G3LDI
Swardeston, Norfolk