[RTTY] Lack of RTTY on 40 and 80 Meters

To: ad4tj@yahoo.com, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Lack of RTTY on 40 and 80 Meters
From: Wa3frp <wa3frp@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 20:39:08 -0400 (EDT)
Hi David,

I am not sure from your message if you are looking for rag chews, DX or
contesting.

I find both 40M and 80M quite active during contests.   DX is usually there too
but the times tend to be very late.

I recently worked HK0/UA4WHX on both 40M and 80M RTTY.  VP2V/SP6AXW was on 40M
RTTY earlier this evening.

As many folks correctly noted, we are at the peak of the sunspot cycle and
stations on 12M and 10M will be difficult to work on these  bands in a short
period of time.

I usually monitor both 40M and 80M at this time of year hoping for additional
RTTY contacts on both bands.  You might try sending out a CQ to see who comes
back.  You never know who might be listening on what appears to be a "dead"
band.

73 ES GL

Russ WA3FRP

Message: 1