Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 136, Issue 64

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 136, Issue 64
From: iw1ayd - Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 23:56:26 +0200
On 26/04/2014 20:01, rtty-request@contesting.com wrote:
Re: SO2R RTTY in MK2R+ and MMTTY (Jim
Well Jim,
quite the reverse here.
I was able to setup the whole thing several times, at very different sites and setups year after year. A 756PROII and a 7600, two 7600, two K3.
Never had a glitch due to the MK2R+ itself.
Done two JARTS and two WAE, not that bad as I am quite unexperienced. Each year I have had to redo the whole setup from scratch and manuals. Operating time was around 40/42 hours each time. I use it also single radio as the second one K3 is on a dummy load here at home. I find the manual quite complete and much more than explicative even if the logger I'd used changed over time. BTW it is N1MM Logger.
This late year it will change much more.
Hope that the worst thing that I find there, use CTRL-B each time to restart the dueling CQ could anyway solved by the last toy, a gamer programmable key (G13). Much easier than anything other. CTRL-B is now a simple click near the reprogrammed ESC key under the left hand.

I will buy only Microham product or I will continue, as it was before 3 years ago, with home made interfaces and simple serials. W7 of course. ... but it wouldn't too easy to move also a junky ATX or a clumsy miniITX PC. Much more easy to move a 15" laptop and Mac Mini (Boot Camping in W7) with a single USB interface. BTW I am just doing only RTTY. Using MK2R+ with a single PC SO2R also leave out any interlock issue. Driving the six pack and the two band filters boxes from its parallel port is a breeze. A must with the Mac Mini SFF HW.

     73 de iw1ayd Salvo

PS on the other side don't ask me by any mean to use again IC radio, what a nightmare. Everybody have his personal and peculiar idiosyncrasies.