Re: [RTTY] Problems with AFSK ...

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Problems with AFSK ...
From: steve <WB3LGC@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 09:30:01 -0400
Joe, thank you for also putting the comments in the wsjt group, too.
I have often seen "ghost" patterns in my wsjt decode and thought it might be a DSP "defect". I have also seen wsjt decode two copies from the same station in different parts of the screen, overdrive on transmit must have been the problem... I had a difficult time going from zero ALC on my TenTec to "4-5 bars" on my KX3, but I don't "think" I am overdriving (I hope)...

73, steve WB3LGC

Lest anyone doubt the problems with AFSK and users who follow the
"all knobs to the right" doctrine take a look at the spectrum of
one lid on WSJT : http://www.w4tv.com/HI8XXX.jpg.

   ... Joe, W4TV