Re: [RTTY] ARRL W1AW Bulletin Operations

To: "rtty @ COL" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL W1AW Bulletin Operations
From: "Thomas W4HM" <thomasfgiella@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 11:35:18 -0400
In my personal opinion, in this modern era of computer/software ownership and access to the Interweb I think that the ARRL bulletins broadcasted are basically useless with very little listenership from hams. In the past I've been QRM'ed by their broadcasts until I learned what times and frequencies they transmit and avoided them. BUT I can say that in my personal observation they do not listen before they begin transmitting.

I remember a number of years ago when they decided to broadcast on 1807 kHz right on top of the unofficial weak signal digital modes window and it took an act of God to convince them to QSY to a lower frequency.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella W4HM
Lakeland, FL, USA
thomasfgiella@gmail.com