Re: [RTTY] Fwd: RE: ARRL W1AW Bulletin Operations

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fwd: RE: ARRL W1AW Bulletin Operations
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 11:31:06 -0600
5. Schedule your operations on at least 6 MF or HF amateur bands at times meant to maximize coverage.

Hypothetical question. If W1AW can disregard the interference rule can they disregard the power rules too. 5KW, 10KW or even 50kW would reach far more places. That would maximize coverage right?

What if there was emergency traffic being handled on a bulletin frequency or a practice frequency? It could happen. QST is not distributed freely to every ham. Can we expect every ham to make a clear channel for W1AW and know at all times where these bulletins and code practice sessions start and end?

Where do you draw the line.

This rule is completely counter what what amateur radio stands for.

Nobody should be free and clear from the willful and malicious interference clause. Nobody.

Just think about it for a while. You give an inch and people take a mile. I think that is exactly what has been done here.