Re: [RTTY] Fwd: RE: W1AW bulletin operations

To: Mike Tessmer <k9nw@qth.com>, rtty reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fwd: RE: W1AW bulletin operations
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 18:35:18 -0600
Mike,

I have made no rude comments about anyone on this list. I have posed some questions and stated some facts and got an opinion from an employee at the FCC about the possible rule violations concerning the operation of W1AW and the poor response from the CEO of the ARRL about the situation.

I have forwarded my concerns on to my director. It would really be embarrassing for the ARRL to have to explain why the stations it runs do not follow the FCC rules. They have published countless books on how to operate a station properly. Is it really too much to ask that they follow the same rules as the rest of us?

As for your accusation that I would deliberately set the ARRL up is way out of line and I would hope that the list owner would either moderate your posts or remove you from this list.

What is sad is so many willfully sit back and allow the ARRL and others to do whatever they want. Mike, what if everyone operated like this? Where is the courtesy that should be shown by the ARRL who claims to represent the best of Amateur radio.

The ARRL has created their own gotcha with their practices of not listening before transmitting. I honestly hope that they change their ways. The ARRL is just another organization that needs to held accountable for all things they do and as I member I should be doing this.

If W1AW happens to QRM me, I will document it. It has never happened in my 37 years as a ham.

The ARRL does many good things. Willful and Malicious interference of other hams and the the RM-11708 are very bad for ham radio.

Mike where do you stand on willful and malicious interference. Is that acceptable to you? How about RM-11708. You stood up to me. Big deal. Stand up for something important.

Mike W0MU