Re: [RTTY] Contest CQ-detection by the RTTY-Skimmer system

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Contest CQ-detection by the RTTY-Skimmer system
From: iw1ayd - Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 09:59:08 +0200
Hi all.
TU Walter for the new, not that much ;-), info.

I will continue to use CQ at the end of the TU macro. I would never say QRZ, it's out of minings ask QRZ when doing TU as you don't have anything more of a clue that somebody could be there. If you are sure of anybody presence, so you get a almost complete cal there are, at least, ways to restart the QSO with ... TU IW1AYD NOW ... CALLFRAGMENT ....
I'd never asked QRZ to the black hole.
CQ is for the black hole.
TU..NOW for somebody in view.

Maybe QRZ or QRZ? is useful for DXexpedition, why not. They knows that somebody must be there, but where. From my stand point is even wrong and, why not, lengthy.

Now the " TU IW1AYD CQ ". I will quite never end a QSO with this. I need to confirm the last call I'd logged, even if not twice, just to close. As it is not twice I will send " TU HISCALL IW1AYD CQ ". O know that it seem a waste of time, but: "CRLF TU" somewhat synchronize ; " HISCALL " say to whom, it's anyway a relevant information; " IW1AYD CQ " it's my RUN restart pray. TU IW1AYD CQ could be the most desirable, I could understand, due to timings. But even in the strict timing of our world when contesting something clear must be there. Weight of TU HISCALL and MYCALL CQ and courtesy "force" all the way theirs usage together,

About what Walter wrote I should agree that recognition problems are a must to resolve. But QRZ is not a substitute for CQ, it's often a non sense, it's longer, than CQ, it tell quite noting other than general poor operations. I will continue to use QRZ where it's more appropriate.
 CQ TEST IW1AYD IW1AYD CQ
  UYYWYFW1EGO2719
QRZ? QRZ? (or if there are more than one calling me back .... QRZ? ?1EGO ?1EGO QRZ? )
   IWAEGO IW1EGO
 IW1EGO 599 ..
I know that there is somebody calling me I use QRZ to ask WHO is there, and I could use it in several ways.
I hope that there will be somebody calling me I could just ask CQ.

By any other means, Walter, I didn't noticed any change on how the Digital Cluster spotted anything since months ago ... so go ahead with that nice work. TU.

    73 de iw1ayd Salvo