Re: [RTTY] uHam & Win7 question

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] uHam & Win7 question
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 14:44:34 -0400

> It also gives 7 banjo tones (audio acknowledgements) during start up.

The audio tones indicate that Windows needs to *create* the virtual
serial ports each time you start microHAM Router.  That is abnormal
and represents a problem in *your Windows installation*.

Start-up time for a typical moderate system (2.1 GHz Core2Duo, 4 GB
RAM) with all current Windows 7/64 updates is around 30 seconds and
will vary depending on what other processes are running when Router
is launched.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV