Re: [RTTY] W1AW/5 Texas RTTY on 17 meters

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] W1AW/5 Texas RTTY on 17 meters
From: " pcooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 05:06:31 -0700
Hi all,

Whichever way you work it, just remember to look for Europe please!
Might I suggest one other option is to work from 18.109 and listen down?
>From 18.100 to 18.105 is heavy with PSK/JT65, and there are slow/QRP CW ops
>around 18.095 to 18.100.

There are quite a few EU stations (me included) that are chasing W1AW/p for the
special WAS award.
So far, I am on target, but ND is worrying me. I am sure I made it, but someone
called over part of the TU call from W1AW/0, so I am not 100% confident.
I will try again tonight, but failing that, I will just hope I am in the log OK.

Also, 20/17/15m should be the money bands. Doing 10/12 is OK if prop is good,
but not so useful for us this side of the pond.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP