Re: [RTTY] cq ww rtty - off time for non-classic categories

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] cq ww rtty - off time for non-classic categories
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 17:31:26 -0400
CQ WW RTTY/SSB/CW:  all 48 hours count for Single-Operator.

CQ WPX SSB/CW: only 36 hours count for Single-Operator.

CQ WPX RTTY: only 30 hours count for Single-Operator.

For CQ WW RTTY ...

Single operators may OPTIONALLY choose to enter ONE of the Overlay
Categories IN ADDITION to ONE of the main Single-Op categories (all band,
single band, assisted or not, etc.).  If a single operator does choose one
of the Overlay Categories, then their log is scored twice.  Once for their
declared main Single-Op category, and again in the Overlay category.

For example, if a SO LP entrant also chooses Classic Overlay, they will be
scored and listed with all other SO LP entrants.  In addition, they will be
listed in the Classic Overlay results section.  They can operate the full 48
hours which will be scored for their SO LP entry.  The first 24 hours of
operating time (minus off-periods greater than 60 minutes) will be used to
score their Classic Overlay score.

The 60-minute minimum off-period applies only to the Classic Overlay
category, as described in the rules.  An entrant cannot choose the Classic
(or Rookie) Overlay unless they also choose one of the many Single-Op
categories.  If you think the published rules describe something different,
please let me know and we'll address any needed clarification in the 2015
rules.

Ed W0YK