[RTTY] Ferrites??

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Ferrites??
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 15:38:22 -0700
HI All

At a local sale I found some items that look like they are made out of some kind of ferrite material.

They are in 2 pieces and if you take them apart, they look like the letter 'E' when you turn them sideways. They butt together and are held in place with a 'U' type clamp. They kind of remind me of an old 'flyback' TV transformer core.

Does anyone have any idea what these might be and if they would be any good for putting on cables, etc. Thanks and 73.
Tom W7WHY