[RTTY] AutoHotKey question

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AutoHotKey question
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 20:48:13 -0700
I know a lot of folks in this group use AutoHotKey for macros. I
wonder if anyone could help with a small problem.

I have my mouse wheel programmed to send Alt-F4 when I press down on
it using this command to close the active window:

mbutton::
send !{F4}
return

and this works great in Windows XP but with Win7 and 8 it works on
some windows but not on others. I'm sure this is some kind of security
"feature" of Win7 and 8. I tried lowering the security level all the
way down, but no joy.

Is there any way to make it work on all windows?

Thanks in advance,

73, Bill W6WRT