[RTTY] Master RTTY file

To: "reflector RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>, "Digital Reflector N1MM" <n1mmlogger-digital@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Master RTTY file
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 13:46:54 -0700
Ever since the mastertty.dta database was discontinued in November of 2013, I
have felt uncomfortable using the much larger all-mode generic master database
for RTTY contesting.  For one thing, the large master.scp contains quite a few
1x1 calls, which often get highlighted, even in garbage text.  Sometimes the
1X1’S even get highlighted within a larger call sign, such as E2E inside
VE2EBK.   Also, master.scp call signs are overwhelmingly from CW and SSB
contesters, so I just don’t have full confidence that highlighted calls are
accurate.

I decided to try making an updated mastertty myself, with just the data
available to me.  Here’s what I used:
1.  The final mastertty.scp file published in November of 2013.
2.  Any station that appeared in my 2014 RTTY contest logs.
3.  The “logs received” page or final results of major 2014 RTTY contests.

I called the file MasterttyPLUS, and it is available in .SCP and .DTA formats
here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/28kovd3z620menu/AAAIhNfkM1Lp4kkGPPphhEu4a?dl=0

MasterttyPLUS has 13, 590 callsigns, all RTTY contesters. By comparison,
master.scp has 47,259 call signs, mostly CW or SSB contesters.

I have tested the file to make sure it works, but have not used it in an actual
contest yet.  I will give it a go in the Roundup this weekend.  You are welcome
to give it a try.  I recommend having master.scp available as a backup in case
you are unhappy with the way the new one works.

See you all in the Roundup!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.