[RTTY] YAESU FT857d with Writelog.

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] YAESU FT857d with Writelog.
From: Robb Webb Proprietor of Robb Webb Photography <robb@robbwebbphotography.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 13:50:26 +0000
Good afternoon everyone. Having been off the air for over 10 years I am back on
the air with a Yaesu FT857d and a laptop for rtty. I am contesting /p from my
car hence the laptop. I am looking to hook up the laptop to the radio. The
laptop only has several usb and no 9 pin connector. I see in the new WL
software that a software based FSK is possible. Has anyone tried this and how
did it work. I have a usb to Din cable giving me PTT and radio control. Can
that cable also allow me to generate FSK. I previously used a simple pnp
transistor circuit as an interface. Is that the way to go again.

I hope some of the experts out there have come across this problem before and
can help me get on the air for the BARTG contest.

Thanks

Robb Webb.
G0URR

Robb Webb Photography