Re: [RTTY] FTDI USB Adapter?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FTDI USB Adapter?
From: Bob Burns W9BU <w9bu_lists@rlburns.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 06:03:08 -0500
On 1/28/2015 10:39 PM, Scott Schultz wrote:

Be sure to read the review. There is only 1 review and it is mine!

Scott, I did read your review. Your point about where the item is shipped from is very valid. NewEgg has followed the Amazon model in that NewEgg lets other retailers besides NewEgg use the NewEgg store to sell their wares. Luckily, NewEgg lets you filter out the items being shipped from sellers other than NewEgg.

For example, I followed the links in NewEgg's shopping tools to Computer Hardware > Computer Accessories > Add-on Cards. I then filtered for "PCI to Serial Port Card". There were 130 of those listings. I then filtered for NewEgg as the seller. There were only 53 of those. In the manufacturers filters, I see the name "SIIG". I've purchased SIIG computer accessories in the past and, in my experience, they are good products. Filtering for SIIG takes me down to 11 items.

Yes, you'll pay more for a name brand product shipped from a U.S. retailer. But, I think reducing the headache factor is worth the cost.

Bob...