Re: [RTTY] RTTY Contest observations

To: "'Bill Turini'" <bill.turini@me.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Contest observations
From: "David Bibby" <dbibby@neo.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 14:14:51 -0500
Bill,

I was VERY surprised to receive this email today!  You have given me the
GREATEST complement that any ham could ask for, a clean signal report with
minimum bandwidth.  I am sure every ham would love to get an email like this
comparing their signal to W1AW!

I have been operating RTTY for over 50 years and I am an avid RTTY contester.

For hardware I am using an Apache-Labs ANAN-100D with an ACOM 2000A linear (1
KW on RTTY) and a Palstar HF-Auto tuner.

I have owned my ANAN-100D for about 18 months.

https://apache-labs.com/al-products/1027/ANAN-100D-HF---6M-100W-ALL-MODE-SDR-TRANSCEIVER.html

My antennas are: TH7 at 30ft, 276 ft Loop and a OFC-80.

For software I am using OpenHPSDR_mRX PS for my ANAN’s rig control along with
VAC/VSPE, Fldigi with my custom macros, DXLab Suite and N1MM+.

Thank you very much for your kind remarks.  I will be looking for you in this
weekend’s CQ WPX RTTY contest.

PS -  I am sharing this with a few friends around the world!

73

David – WA8KHP