[RTTY] CQWPXRTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] CQWPXRTTY
From: Tom Martin <tmartin@chartermi.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 10:54:53 -0600
            CQWPXRTTY

CallSign Used : W8JWN
      Operator(s) : W8JWN

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP
Assisted Category : ASSISTED
             Band : 15M
            Power : HIGH
             Mode : RTTY

               Time On: 21  hours

     ARRL Section : MI
        Club/Team : Northeast Wisconsin DX Assn
         Software : N1MM Logger+ 1.0.4678.0

        Band     QSOs     Pts  WPX
          21     781    1759  481
       Total     781    1759  481

    Score : 846,079

Because of Valentine's Day and Eve commitments with the XYL, I decided to operate on one band. I figured that 15 would be good (can't count on 10 meters up here in the U.P.) for mainly daylight hours. My goal was 700,000 points.

Band conditions were pretty good but there was a lot of QSB on Sunday. I asked for a lot of NUMBER repeats.

I worked everything that I heard (saw) on the screen. The 4 element SteppIR, in the Bi-Dir mode, was fantastic. The Alpha 8410 at 1200 out obviously helped as well. I had no problem holding my CQ frequency. I spent 90% of the time calling CQ.

The only issues during the contest were with other operators: No space between 599 and their number; sending a "brag" macro in the last hour of the contest; sending a report with no call and then leaving; working the same guy three times in 2 hours.

So, achieving 846, 079 points in 21 hours made me happy.

73,

Tom W8JWN

---