[RTTY] Question about NAQP rules

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Question about NAQP rules
From: David VE3VID <ve3vid@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 09:53:57 -0500
Maybe.  Its simply meant that we have to commit to the barefoot input of our
favoured rig,  to a maximum of 100w.

You're right, how you get to 100w is not relivant. The rule says "no amp",  so
no amps.  This is not an ethical problem.  Everyone will run 100w -
unquestioned.  But, if my favoured rig is a 25yo Kenwood 850 in FSK,  and it
can only muster 85w, then that's
 all I get.  If you bought a deluxe new rig, input 200 or 400w, great, invite
me over to see it.  I bet you've got a tower to go with the rig.

...but you still dial it down to 100w.  We all commit to 1 rig.

73
David

Sent from Samsung tablet