Re: [RTTY] ARRL

To: Ed Karl <edk0kl@centurytel.net>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL
From: Ron Kolarik <rkolarik@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 23:39:04 -0600
Ed, Joe has answered most of your points pretty well but he missed a few

On 3/1/2015 10:16 PM, Ed Karl wrote:

Lastly, divulge un- encrypting methods for select OO's to police the traffic so rendered. There recently was congratulatory emails regarding possible rescue at sea thanks to
Winlink . No definite answer as to "was the station a ham?"
Ed if you're referring to the Bounty incident for the rescue at sea that's mostly a lot of PR. The Coast Guard does not have an email address for sinking vessels and I'm quite sure if the boat was going down the last thing I would grab is the HF, modem, battery and laptop.

The OO's can't police the traffic now, I turned a case over to them and part of the reply was "we don't normally monitor those frequencies/modes". Why is the traffic hidden/encrypted to
begin with? Makes it hard to self police like we're supposed to.

73,
Ron
K0IDT